As a follow-up to my post on kindness, here are 75 ways that you can show kindness in your life! And in practical ways! Enjoy!
1. Say "hello" to a stranger
What if no one had greeted them that day?
2. Do laundry for your mom
She will really appreciate it! Trust me!
3. Give a random gift to someone who does a lot for you
Wouldn't you love to get one?
4. Make someone’s bed for them
Good for those people
like me who forget to
5. Offer to do someone’s chores
Dishes? Why not! =)
6. Send someone a “just because” email
Ooh! Those are fun!
7. Tell an author how much your love their book
Because authors LOVE that!
8. Give someone you love a random hug
Sometimes, that really means a lot.
9. Recommend a book to someone. =)
So they don't have to spend their time reading not-as-good books!
10. Pay for the meal/groceries for the person behind you
This would tickle someone!
11. Tape a bag with coins on a vending machine
Imagine having a free soda/snack! =D
12. Drop a penny
My little brothers are SO excited to find pennies on the ground! Seriously one of the best RAKs out there
13. Buy a candle and give it to a random person
A good excuse to smell all the candles on the aisle! *ahhhh*
14. Buy a bouquet of flowers and give them to a random person
WARNING! Be prepared to get hugs in return! =)
15. Buy chocolate and give it to a random person
Is there a better gift?
16. Buy something else and give it to a random person =)
You can include a gospel tract too! 2 RAKs in one! =D
17. Send someone a letter telling them how much you appreciate them
Some people don't get any mail! Why don't you make their day?
18. Make a meal for someone
Especially a young mom!
19. Make cookies for someone
With lots of chocolate chips (or M&Ms), of course!
All. The. Time.
21. Compliment someone
Don't you love getting compliments? ;)
22. Play a game with a little sibling
Like Candy Land...or not...
23. Do a craft with someone
Even if you are not crafty. =)
24. Tell a teacher how much you appreciate their help
They do so much for us!
25. Pray for someone
And keep praying for them!
26. Go running (a RAK for your body) ;)
Because running is so much fun. *not* =)
27. TELL SOMEONE ABOUT JESUS!!!
This is the best RAK possible!!! PLEASE do it!!!
28. Clean up your room
A RAK for your mom...and the sibling who shares the room with you!
29. Give away your used items, instead of throwing them away!
It could be exactly what that other person is looking for!
30. Make someone laugh
What type of building is the tallest in the world? A Library! It has the most stories! =)
31. Say NOTHING negative
Lift others up with your words!
32. Bring someone’s empty trash cans back to their house for them
So they don't have to do it themselves! =)
33. Encourage someone
Do this more than once.
34. Do a chore around the house to help out
Even if you don't like doing it? Of course!
35. Let someone go first
How many people do this anymore? =(
36. Be eager to help someone
Do Not Be Lazy.
37. Comment on new blog!
Those comments make new bloggers SO happy!
38. Encourage someone in their walk with God
Ask what they are reading/memorizing/learning in the Bible!
39. Send someone a gift in the mail
A book, maybe? =)
40. Encourage a writer to keep writing
That just might make them dust off the papers and keep writing!
41. Don’t get grumpy if things don’t turn out the way you wanted them to
Um...why did I have to include this one? =/
42. Forgive someone
Even if ___? Yup.
43. Make a video for someone
A gift of time and creativity!
44. Write a letter to persecuted Christians around the world in their own language Click here!
Imaging being in prison yourself for Jesus. A letter would be the BEST!
45. Write a letter to persecuted Christians in the Central African Republic (CAR) Click here!
Tell them that you are praying for them, and then PRAY!
46. Write a letter to children in high-risk Columbia, South America Click here!
Even children are being persecuted for their faith. =(
47. Write a letter to displaced women in Columbia, South America Click here!
Make their day!
48. Hold the door open for someone
Or for two people. Or three. Or ten.
49. Say “thank you”
And "ma'am" and "sir"!
50. Be polite
Because so many people forget to be polite. =(
51. Laugh at not-so-funny jokes
If you have little siblings, you hear a LOT of those!
52. Offer to baby-sit someone’s kids
How fun! Until the baby realizes that momma is gone... =)
53. Be a good neighbor
Invite them over! Bake cookies! Don't be too noisy! Ect.
54. Invite someone over for a holiday
Some people have no where to go. Give them one!
55. Invite someone to your house who might need a friend
And BE a friend!
56. Go out of your way to be friendly
Even when it is awkward. Some people need someone to talk to! Be that person!
57. Offer to buy a soda for someone
And share Jesus with them!
58. Encourage instead of tearing someone down
Basically, just encourage everyone.
59. Be on time
So others don't have to wait on you! Good idea?
60. Send a care-package to someone at college
Or someone at a new job...or anywhere else.
61. Let someone go ahead of you in line
Show them that you care about their time schedule!
62. Let someone else get the “bigger” and “better” thing
Even if it is chocolate.
63. Clean up your messes
And do NOT litter!! Why are there garbage cans anyway?
64. Tell someone that God loves them
Tell them over and over if need be!
65. Send someone a birthday card
Even if it's late!
66. Visit someone at a retirement center and get to know them
It's okay if they are a little "different"...they still need someone to love them!
67. Adopt a Compassion child
This might be hard for those of us without jobs...but it changes children's lives! Our family has done it! And it is SO much fun!!!!! Sending letters across the globe!!
68. Pray for the president
Even if you didn't vote for him.
69. Send shoeboxes with gifts to a unprivileged child Click here!
Toys, soap, coloring books, crayons...what else?
70. Tell someone that their hair looks great
Don't lie about it...but...be nice. =/
71. Donate to the local consignment store
I love going there to find used books! =)
72. Clean up litter
A RAK for dozens of people!
73. Tell a little friend (or sibling) a story
And one more than 2 sentences. *hides face*
74. Let someone read your unfinished novel in advance
Even if it is not quite perfect...or even close. *blushes*
75. Let someone borrow something that belongs to you
And don't be mad if they don't return it in a timely manner.
Have any other ideas? What RAKs are you going to do to bless others and show God's love? Comment below!