Aug 13, 2019

Emyir: a Letter from a Mentor



Me: *waves* Hello again! Today I'm here with a guest post from one of my favorite book characters: Emyir.

Okay, I admit it, all The Torch Keepers' characters are my favorite. XD But this woman is especially dear to me. I've learned from her life, and the way she follows the King inspires me. Honestly, I want to be like Emyir when I grow up.

Here's her heart.





Emyir's Story



Dear friend,

I don't know why the Author chose me to write this. Of all the amazing characters in The Torch Keepers, my part of the Story isn't the grandest or most beautiful. And yet I wouldn't chose to live another.

Let's start from the beginning: my name is Emyir, and, as a babe, I was chosen by the King.

I'll never know why, yet somehow he chose me out of a humble heritage and set me apart. With eyes the color of the noon sky, I was immediately recognized as different. It would take a novel in itself to tell the ways the King worked through my simple childhood, not because of my strengths or unique qualities but because of Him. His goodness. His grace choosing someone as insignificant as me to live His Story.

Maybe there will be a book one day, but that's also not important. What matters is the role He gave me in the Story.

If I had a title, I suppose it would be "mentor to the heroine." Another title I don't deserve. Really. The heroine, Kadira, is a dear friend, not a student.

Together, we're Torch Keepers. Our blue eyes destined us to such a role, and we serve in the mountain pass of Palatiel, where the desert meets the hills.

The job is simple: to keep the King's blue flame burning as a declaration to the kingdom that Palatiel serves the true King.

Because there's a battle raging. In the solitude of the mountain pass, the war and anger and blood seems so far away, but it's drawing near. And one day, we'll be fighting too. Loyalty isn't about who we say we serve. It's about who we'll die for.

That's why I'm here. No matter what pretend Princes come against our gates, I'll fight for the King. I'll keep His blue fire burning. I'll run into sandstorms to rescue His children.

To tell the truth, it scares me. I'm not brave or strong. I can't do it. This calling hurts, it wears, it steals my strength.

So I live today for the King. And I trust that He will hold me up tomorrow.

*shrugs* That's who I am. It's short and sweet and not as impressive as others. But I wouldn't trade it because it's the Story the King has chosen for me.

If you read The Torch Keepers, you'll see a glimpse into my world, but don't pay too much attention to that at all. I'm not the protagonist, and my part of the Story isn't as long or impressive as others. I'm simply one person that the King has chosen to use. Isn't that crazy?!

But before I slip away, the Author asked me to leave you with a challenge. So here 'tis.

Dear friend, maybe you're a Torch Keeper. Maybe you're not. Yet the calling remains the same.

Whoever and wherever you are, there are battles roaring, and Princes will arise to fight the King of the land. Never grow comfortable, no matter how safe your city feels. Never think "follower of the King" is simply a label that you can wear casually.

This is a war. Every decision, every moment, matters. You either live for the King or live for a lie.

If you don't have a torch, keep the fire burning strong inside your blood. Be radical. Look for hurting souls around you, and run into sandstorms to rescue them.

No matter the color of your eyes, you can be an ambassador to your city, your kingdom, your world.

Live for the King.



                  // Emyir


(Me): See? I want to live like that.

If you're wondering what it looks like practically, let's chat in the comments! I'm sure Emyir would be glad to share more of her heart as we all seek to live completely sold-out for our King.

What you do, read, say, think, hear, it all matters. The battle is real. It's fierce. But there's hope.

Before sharing Emyir's theme verse, I have a quick gift for you: my novella, The Mystery of the Midnight Trespasser is free on Kindle until Wednesday! Click Here. Go grab a copy and share with friends!

Do everything for Jesus, my friend. ♥



For thus the LORD said to me;
“Go, set a watchman,
Let him declare what he sees.”
... (the watchman) listened earnestly with great care...
“I stand continually on the watchtower in the daytime;
I have sat at my post every night.”
- Isaiah 21:6,8

~♥~

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Emyir is such an inspiring character! I especially love the part where she says, "Loyalty isn't about who we say we serve. It's about who we'll die for." I can't wait to read the Torch Keepers. It sounds amazing=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, what a blessing you are! Thank you for the sweet words of encouragement on my guest post. Always, you are treasured by our King!
      //Emyir

      Delete
  2. Oh, my . . . this is beautiful. I love it. Thank you so much for sharing, Emyir! Your letter contains such blessed encouragement. ❤
    Hosanna, did you receive the e-mail I sent you last Wednesday? I understand completely if you haven't had a chance to respond yet, but I just want to make sure that my message made it into your Inbox. 😊
    Thank you for using this blog to shine for Jesus! *wraps you in a big hug* You're such a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, you're such a blessing! I'm blown away by how the King works. He has such a future for you, dear friend.

      And the Author did receive your email and was thankful for it. *smiles* She was so encouraged by your sweet words!

      Always seek our King!
      //Emyir

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this little guest post blessed you, dear friend! Always seek our King.
      //Emyir

      Delete