I am going to introduce my WIP novel as a Beautiful Book link-up! I have been working on this novel since the first of July, however it is still in the writing stage. So, here goes!
- How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea? I came up with my favorite scene last year. I considered writing the story then, but decided to put it off, and I am now very glad that I did! I have no clue how I first came up with my scene, but it was something that I thought would be the perfect one for me to write, and now it is in rough draft form. :)
- Why are you excited to write this novel? I really enjoy history. Because this novel is historical fiction, I have LOVED writing it and learning more about the time period! And...this novel has been something that I have thought about for a while, so finally putting it into words has been pretty fun!!
- What is your novel about, and what is the title? My novel is historical fiction during the years of early America. It is about a girl who lives during those times and what they had to go through. I don't actually have a title yet, however.
- Sum up your characters in one word each. Let's see...Madison is real. She has problems that she goes through, yet tries to stay trusting in God. Nektosha is a beautiful girl who just wants a friend. And the last one I will mention is Edward who is protective and loyal.
- Which character(s) do you think will be your favourite to write? Tell us about them! I love writing about all of my characters...I don't have a favorite. :) They are all so different!
- What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way? My main character just wants a home. After moving around, she wants a place that can be her own. She also wants people in her life that understand her--true friends. There are many obstacles in the way that she has to overcome.
- Where is your novel set? My novel is set in early America during the settlement period.
- What is the most important relationship your character has? My character has an important relationship with her best friend until something happens. (I won't spoil it by saying why)
- How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel? My protagonist learns to trust in God and that His way is the best way. Always.
- What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over? I want my readers to learn the same thing that my characters did: that God always knows the right ways, and we just need to trust Him. I want my readers to enjoy my novel, and learn from it at the same time.
- BONUS! Tell us your 3 best pieces of advice for others trying to write a book in a month. One: just sit down and do it...don't forget about it! Two: Word wars are nice ways to quicken your pace. Three: Set a daily amount of writing that you want to complete. And stick to it!!!