Nov 24, 2021

Dear beautiful Virginia || poems and pictures







 

//  dear beautiful Virginia,
I explored your land and flora weeks ago
and sometimes, I miss it:
the mountains, the water, the way the two merge in fog,
sunrises dancing on rippled waves
before boats wake to slice the surface.
so quiet, those mornings;
seconds before siblings rouse the house in noisy tiptoes.
oh yes, I miss that

 










dear beautiful Virginia,
in you are glimpses of worship -
worship in every wave and higher:
in those mountain tops, Appalachian Trail
where the trees merge in wide views
to climbing green peeks.
explorers trek those hilly paths
and we gave up after bare miles
but in the depths, unknown world, where birds praise
worship is there.










dear beautiful Virginia,
how busy we get
as you rest ever since the world was spoken to life.
us running, walking, living, driving, going;
my time in you had those too -
like drives through your twisty roads, stomach flipping -
times I forgot to worship.
and that's one reason I praise:
because we're offered mercy again
and again.

like waves hitting a shore forever
or deer on golfing green every time I look:
my Father never gives up.

 












dear beautiful Virginia,
we crept from your lakes and mountains to your cityside
and there were glimpses of worship there too.
stories hid in old, brick buildings
and railroads transformed into parks -
and there were beautiful people:
a homeless man who took our picture,
two strangers who met my gaze for a second,
and so many others as we sat to eat.
I imagined my Father's Kingdom,
that Marriage Supper.
I see glimpses of it, even here
and wonder if it's worship.










dear beautiful Virginia,
nearby, one of my favorite aspects: your history
those stories, worship too.
in Appomattox where a war was ended
papers signed, release forms printed.
and I stood where two armies once aligned,
where the last man died, others met face to face
and one side put down their weapons, brave
the others accepted them as brothers,
cheered them on.

I wonder if my Father smiled,
if He rejoiced in the humility, the forgiveness, the chivalry
and cried with them too. 
 









dear beautiful Virginia,
as the sun sets here in my home state again
I remember, and I do miss you
but there's no place like home.
not just here
in this room I call mine -
but Home.
where I can be with Jesus.

He was with me when I visited you:
in lovely overlooks and setting sun
but also in fears
distractions
mistakes.

I praised in those, and I still do.
I praise for Home.
His Kingdom is coming
and He will make all things new.
so farewell Virginia,
I'm going Home. //











happy Thanksgiving,
dear friend!

*hugs*

















I wanna be next to You
I wanna be one with Your spirit, Jesus
Teach me to abide in You
To hear Your voice all around me
Your voice all around me
- Abide by Kingdom Culture Worship





But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

- John 4:23



~♥~


2 comments: