Nov 29, 2018

Life Updates and Goals || What Radical Means





What does radical Christianity mean?

Is there even an answer?  Does one reach "radical" and then settle down, or is it an everlasting journey, that endless horizon?  This race we run, never give up?

I don't know what radical Christianity looks like, but I long for that.  Because I'm so in love with this God who gave His life for mine.  I want to give mine totally back  (Matthew 10:38-39).  Is that what radical means?

A few weeks ago, I was dissatisfied with where my life was.  I call myself a Christian.  On the outside, I might appear more on fire than others, but inwardly, am I any different?  I so want to be real.  I so want to abide in Christ truly.

Thus, I made that decision.  I'm still making it.  Sometimes I fail and have to ask for forgiveness and try again, but He is still faithful.  And He still loves.

But being radical brings changes.  The following are some of the ones I feel Him calling me to embark on.  Wherever you are, I'm not asking you to make the same decisions - simply follow His calling for your journey.  He has a story for your life, dear friend, and it's so, so glorious.


Blog Updates


I started blogging three years ago, and much has changed since then.  For those years, I posted every week or even more.  But now I'm going to erase that schedule.

Sometimes, schedules feel like they force me to write, and I end up scribbling down words that don't come from my heart.  But I want every post to be directly from Him, not myself.  There's a huge difference, and I know when I write for Him or for myself.  This blog is dedicated to God.  Thus, I've decided to give myself room to not post sometimes.  When I do post, you can know that it's something deep in my heart from the Lord - at least, that's my aim.

That means, I may not post every week.  Hopefully when I do post, they will be more encouraging and focused for you, dear readers.

Also, for those who follow my blog from Google+, that option will be deleted.  All subscribers must do it through email.  In the next week, I'll be deleting "the Readers" tab on the sidebar.  This is because I easily define myself by numbers, and I'm not going to do that anymore.  I feel God leading me to write for Him, not for the number of followers I have.

This is just where God is taking me, and I have so, so much peace in it!  I'm rejoicing in the journey, and I rejoice in where He takes you!


Goodreads Update


I was a member of Goodreads for several years, and recently I deleted my account.  Wow, that decision hurt, but it was so worth it.

I asked God what really mattered in light of eternity, and He revealed that my presence on Goodreads was stealing my attention and time.  It was such a blessing and joy to be part of that site for a time, but it was time for me, personally, to leave.

Again - I just need to say this: when we follow the Lord, He gives such joy and peace.  Whatever He is calling you to, just do it.  Every sacrifice is more than worth it.  He is so good!


Social Media Update


On a more joyful note, I felt the Lord calling me to join Instagram!  I've tarried for months to take that step, but it's been such a joy sharing my heart through this new venue.  If you are on there, I'd be thrilled to get to know you better and rejoice in the Lord together - my username is hosanna.emily.





      
At the beginning of the year, I gave 2018 to God to use as He willed. There were beautiful victories - a new baby born into the family, a novel I wrote, coming so close to graduation that I can almost taste it. Then there were the painful moments - so many tears, worries, fears.

But 2018 has been good because God is always good.  I'm rejoicing in it!  With one last month lingering on the horizon, I'm so eager to discover His plans for me, for you, for us.  He has a plan and purpose, and it's glorious.

I'm excited for every pain and trouble and joy He might bring in 2019, because I trust Him.  Wherever He takes us, we can rejoice!

I will leave you with two challenges:

First, if your relationship with Christ is real, just give everything to Him.  Be radical.  Give up any idols and be willing to break so that He can be strong.  Be willing to cry so He can comfort you.  Christianity is so much bigger than what we imagine; don't let anything hold you back.  Fly to Jesus!

And secondly, let's use this last month of the year to sacrifice everything for Him.  Make goals.  Dedicate yourself to Him.  Let's live December radically.

This is my resolution for the upcoming month, and I pray your heart throbs with His love as a new month begins and an old one passes away.

For this last month of 2018, 
I purpose: 
to cultivate a heart of joy, of worship, of shalom, and of love.  To live every day loving Him.  To show that openly through my prayers, heart, conversations, blog, email, social media, and entire life.  To live for His praise instead of others.  To abide in Christ's love and Word.  And to use my glory to further His. 
This is my heart.

Live radically and love radically, dear friends.   ♥






   
For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising...

The sun shall no longer be your light by day,
Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you;
But the Lord will be to you an everlasting light,
And your God your glory.
- Isaiah 60:2-3, 19


(ps)  This song is on my heart today, and I encourage you to listen to it and remember how awesome God is!  You are so loved.

~♥~

14 comments:

  1. Hosanna, this is such an inspiring post! I'm so, so proud of you for all the ways you're being radical for Jesus! I want to follow your example and "throw aside every weight and the sin that so easily entangles and run with perseverance the race marked out for us"
    Thank you for writing this post and sharing those updates! That was so encouraging to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Hannah!! Thank you so much! I know I have so far to go, but what a blessing it is to see how God works in our lives! Thank you for always being the friend who encourages me to seek Jesus, even when I want to argue against His still, small voice. I love you, girl! ♥ (and that verse perfectly fits my heart - thank you for sharing it!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Brooklyne! Your constant encouragement means so much. You are incredibly loved! ♥

      Delete
  3. And I third them. <3 It's so encouraging to see how you are following Jesus by doing what He calls you to do, even if it's tough. Sometimes I think we can forget (I know I do) that God sometimes leads people on different paths, and one person's radical might not be the next person's. But it's inspiring to read about how others are taking the plunge to follow Him. Thank you for being such an example, Hosanna! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, your words of encouragement mean so much to me!! *hugs* I agree - ultimately, radical means following the Lord, whatever that means for you specifically. It's amazing how free we are when we surrender to His plans! How are you seeking to follow God's guidance this season, dear friend?

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful post, Hosanna! I have a blog with a few followers, but after reading your post, I realized I'm not doing this because of them. I'm doing this to share the gospel of Christ! Thanks for this reminder!

    ~ Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this encouraged you, Hope! Oh yes - all that matters is Christ! We blog, we write, we speak, we breathe for His glory. Never give up on that, girly! ♥

      Delete
  5. This is so good. What a challenge! I'm so inspired by the way you are following God's promptings in your life. Recently, I had a couple of instances where I felt Him prompt me to say/do something which was out of my comfort zone, but it was so rewarding. That's become my goal for December: to make sure I listen, and then to obey. He makes it so worth it! Anyway, this post has served to fuel that desire and encourage me that there are others striving for the same thing. Thank you so much, sweet Hosanna! You are a blessing. Keep pressing closer to Him, and I pray you're able to experience that abiding in Him throughout this next month. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jess, how thankful I am for you! I'm so overwhelmed by God's goodness, especially how He connects the hearts of His children. Your goal for December is exactly mine: I want to be surrendered. I want to listen. Recently, He has given me the grace to say "yes", and what rewards come with it! I need His help to overcome my stubbornness in saying "no".

      I pray we both continue to abide in Him and surrender to His calling. And Jess - you are so very loved. ♥ Thank you for following Jesus and for the blessing you always are.

      Delete
  6. This post is so encouraging to me, Hosanna (also, your name is gorgeous)! It means so much that you are following the Lord in everything and I love that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Lilian! Never let the world define who you are; all that matters is living radically for Christ, letting Him write your story. Praying for you, my friend! ♥ Thank you for the blessing you are!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! If you get a chance, read Psalm 23:1-2 today... it's blessed me. ♥

      Delete