Sep 22, 2020

A Simple Love

 





Hello Friend!

Happy September 22 (unless you read this later), Tuesday, first day of Autumn (all the feels!), national icecream cone day, and a million other blessings!  Today I have some little, poetic thoughts as I sit here beside my favorite dictionary and dream of who I am, who God is, who we are. 

And that's all - some pretty words I try to compile together and a deeper longing for Jesus. And if life is beautiful and full of autumn's sweaters and cinnamon scents and candles or if you struggle and skim over words and hide away within yourself, still know that there's purpose. You are here for such a time as this and dearly beloved

May your fall be full of that rememberance, friend. *hugs*







I need a simple love. 

Simple, like it says in black ink on this thin page: 

consisting of one thing // uncompounded // unmingled // uncombined with anything else 

Simple love, where my focus is on One, and He is all I see. Like the piercing brightness on this first day of autumn where the sun shines full blast and I squint, see nothing else save that warm whiteness. Or like a drenching storm as I stand under a tin roof and hear that one consistent rhythm, and it becomes all. 

Not a love where I work and strive and struggle to muster it up, but a simple me and Him. A Daddy I sit beside, share secrets. A Friend who holds my hand. A Lover I can’t help but talk about and giggle about and tell everyone I know. 

Like the rain, I forget all. I forget the sun and clouds and stars somewhere in space and become consumed by the pounding drops, shattering like crystals. They soak my hair, my clothes, and I watch the lines of water pulse in invisible wind patterns. The stars are somewhere too, but I don’t see them, don’t think of them, because these glittering galaxies are ones I can touch.

I need a simple love like that.

Or simple, this black ink goes on to define, can be a medicinal herb or plant, and I laugh to think I can go “simpling” down meandering meadows and rolling hills. And yet, walking with book in hand and eyes searching is a singular purpose. I track to find a healing remedy, simples – those medicinal greens – but I’m really seeking the One who heals. The secret One who is so close yet spans the world. Who is invisible yet can be seen in the moments of the everyday. If my love is like that, searching the valleys with ardor for Him, it's enough.

Maybe “simple” could be replaced with “focused” or “singular.” 

But despite the word, I’m seeking that kind of love. Like the sun as I exit the house’s eves and step into brightness, that overcoming light. Like pouring rain that drenches every part of my being. 

I’ll wander through meadows seeking a cure, seeking Jesus. My soul is still, eyes focused, singular purpose for the One who loves me. 

‘tis all and more than enough.








Lord, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, hope in the Lord
From this time forth and forever.

- Psalm 131


~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hosanna! It's been a bit since I've been in the "blogger world", but I enjoyed reading your post today. I like how you pointed out that we seek healing, but amidst that what we really need is Jesus - the One who heals. A simple, focused love for God... it's a uncomplicated way of looking at it and rooted in the foundation of simply seeking Him.
    Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! Your comment brightened my day. ♥

      "A simple, focused love for God" is such a good way to put it! Just to love Him, for that to be our only focus. That's my prayer for me and you both today, friend! *hugs*

      Delete