Sep 24, 2019

We are Redeemed



I'm a perfectionist.

I never do things half-way. I like things in their place, done in the right way, and I do believe there's only one way to skin a cat. *cough*

That's good sometimes. In writing, I stubbornly keep going because I want to see fruit from my work. And when I work at anything else, I usually do it well, even if that means it takes forever (think sweeping).

But it's also not good. Because when I do fail, I don't forgive myself. I feel like I let God down, and how can He love me when I'm so full of these struggles and mistakes and weaknesses that I keep falling prey to?

So He is teaching me. And today I listened to this song, and somehow it's so true.


Seems like all I can see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past

Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last

























There's a phrase I detest: "just human." It's an excuse for why we fail; we just can't help it.

Somewhere, there's a balance. Yes, we're human, and we make mistakes. But Jesus has also given us power to live in Him. We are in Christ. We are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).

But yes, we do mess up. We've all sinned and fallen short of Him. We all have a past full of failures.

But there's hope. This battle isn't lost.


Then You look at this prisoner and say to me "son
Stop fighting a fight that's already been won"


Friend, your battles are won.

You may have swung your sword carelessly and cut yourself, but He gives grace. He is fighting those battles for us, and we need only position ourselves, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD (2 Chronicles 20:17).

No battle is too hard. No struggle is too difficult. No past is unable to be redeemed.


I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains

Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed


Dear friend, the battle isn't ours in the first place. The battle is the Lord's. And He has already conquered sin and death.

So never settle for less. Fight those battles, but do it in Him. Live every moment to give Him honor, and He will do the rest.

And if you make a mistake or break your sword, it's okay. Ask forgiveness. He always gives it.

Then keep fighting.

There's an enemy out there who wants to attack you with His lies.


All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret


Those names, all darts to cut you down. So fight them. Yes, you are unworthy, but Jesus sees you as Loved. Yes, you made mistakes, but He forgives. Live in that victory.


But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head"
I remember oh God, You're not done with me yet


You are redeemed.

There is Truth stronger than the lies. None of them matternot your appearance or circumstances or talents or weaknesses. Nothing except your heart and Jesus.

Jesus is not done with you. He has a plan and purpose for you, bigger than your wildest imagination. It probably won't be what you expect, but it's so much better. If you seek Him and want Him more than anything else, He will be found. And He will turn you into a new creation.


I don't have to be the old man inside of me

Cause his day is long dead and gone
I've got a new name, a new life I'm not the same
And a hope that will carry me home


The hope: Jesus loves. He redeems. He will never leave you nor forsake you. 

In The Torch Keepers, my newly released novel, there's this line that always hits me. Kadira, one of my main characters, reaches one of her last chapters. By this point, she's done horrible things, made drastically wrong mistakes. She can't go back, fix those problems she made.

And then my favorite line.

"Did you know how much you were loved?"

After everything.

It's the same for you. Friend, you are so loved. And after everything, you can still be forgiven, treasured, a new creation. You can be redeemed.

Seek Jesus. He is the Giver of such good gifts and precious promises. And He will never leave you.

That's what I'm learning. I'm a perfectionist, and I want to live every moment for Jesus. If I fail or fall I want to get up and keep running for Him.

No matter what, you are loved.
























Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 1:6

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- Matthew 11:28

~♥~

4 comments:

  1. This post is so insightful!! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Brooklyne! Honestly, the post wasn't supposed to be scheduled, but apparently it was God's plan. XD I'm so glad it blessed you! ♥

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post! I needed this reminder. ❤

    ReplyDelete