Jan 31, 2019

What's Coming Up?


Um, so yeah, I'm excited.  And maybe a little overwhelmed.

God has been revealing these little dreams, this next part of my life, and some of them are starting.  I'm going to leave out the whole story and share highlights (but I'll spill more in the comments to those who want it *cough*).





  

Next month, my last college classes are over.

And then what comes next?  I spent time seeking Jesus, searching for His way in my life.  And slowly, He answered.

Okay, rabbit trail here.  God literally speaks to us.  Did you realize that?  I didn't for a long time, until my brother shared how he asked God a question, and He actually answered it.  Me, being slightly jealous, thought I'd do the same.  And I did.

When we ask and truly seek His answers, God speaks.  Maybe not loudly or obviously sometimes, but when we seek Him with all our heart, He promises to be found (Jeremiah 29:13).

If you're in that place, just ask.  Just seek Him.  His answers blow me away.

Back to the post.  *straightens*

A year and a half ago, God gave me a story.  In the summer, I wrote it, titled The Torch Keepers, and, since then, have been working on the sequel.

And now it's time for final polishing, designing, and publishing!

I'm going to be self-publishing The Torch Keepers this summer!

I'm currently working with an excellent graphic designer to finalize the cover, and - very soon - will be sharing a mock cover she put together before we announce the official cover release!

And, also, I'll be contacting a handful of close friends as my last beta readers before I work on interior design so I can begin the publishing process!  And then comes the fun things.  Sneak peaks.  Character profiles.  The final synopsis and cover and release days!





  
So where do you come in?

First, pray please?  When the Lord guided me towards self-publishing, I nearly screamed with excitement, but it also comes with a ton of work.  And He has been bringing me the most amazing people to aid and guide me.  But continued prayer for peace, for me to seek the Lord, to create the book He wants written.

Second, I'd love help!  If you're a graphic designer, editor, reader, anyone, I want you to be a part of this.  Slip me an email, and I'd be thrilled to see how you can help.  Seriously.  I can't do this on my own.

And also, diving into self-publishing again means I'm revamping my blog.  There's a new design up, and some other things currently under work.

Dear friend, you have been such an encouragement to me.  God has huge plans for your life.  I'm slowly starting to see Him piece things together for my future, and this adventure's going to be crazy.  I can't do it.

But He can.  And that's all that matters.

So hello, February and all these months are going to bring!  I'm going to be self-publishing a book that God put on my heart.  Where is He bringing you?

(ps)  And stay warm these days.  I'm looking at these pictures I took in Florida and missing that.  But this snow is awesome and inspiring to my author brain.  =)


   

...Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 1:6

~♥~

8 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! Know I am praying for you on this new journey to self-publishing! And I like the new blog design! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl - thank you SO much!! I'm stoked that you're joining me in this book adventure through prayer; you're awesome! *hugs* I'm praying for you too, dear Brooklyne, in whatever adventures the Lord leads you in. ♥

      Delete
  2. Wow that's so awesome!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paige! Your encouragement means so much to me. ♥ I'm wiped away by God's goodness. Keep pressing on in the adventures He brings your way; you have such a beautiful story in the writing, dear friend!

      Delete
  3. What? Hosanna?? I'm looking at your new blog design and wondering how long ago you published it. It looks AMAZING!! I'm so excited to follow the journey of The Torch Keepers and see where the Lord brings you with it. I'm just stoked and bursting with excitement for you. I'm so excited to see you reveling in the goodness of His plans! I just want to squeeze you right now. But since I can't, I'm going to go send you an email to see how I can be involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jordy. I wish so much that I could squeeze you right back! That day when we get to meet in person; I can't wait! But 'til then, girl, your words made my day. ♥ The blog design was made by my friend Alea, and it was published on the 30th... so you didn't miss anything. =) Your eagerness to join in these adventures and the prayer you share... it makes me all the more excited for His plans for us! I don't know where He will take The Torch Keepers, but I'm more than eager to share the answered prayers, victories, and even the harder times with you. Thank you so much, dear friend! I love you. ♥

      Delete
  4. I like your new blog design! And I'm excited for you about Torch Keepers! I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah!! You are so encouraging; I can't wait for the adventures the Lord brings!

      Delete