Sep 21, 2018

Replacing Lies with Truth


Dear Friend,

I've wanted to write this post for several months, but God is finally giving me the opportunity.  And the idea has grown bigger than I originally thought.

It's something I need to hear again.  And hopefully something that will bless you.

This is my prayer - that we both become more like Jesus.  That we have a heart like His, full of Love.


   
We hear so many lies.

The enemy is constantly throwing them at us.  He lies about us, those around us, God.  And most of the time, we listen to him.

One week, a friend challenged me to start guarding my thoughts.  We took every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5).  By doing that, I discovered so many lies that were going through my brain.

Lies like, "I don't belong.  These people don't care about me." Or "I'm not as beautiful, as talented, as good."

There were lies that were meant to tear me down and ones meant to tear down others.  "I'm better than them.  They don't deserve...  They're not..."

It's scary.  The lies we hear can completely transform us into this bitter, selfish person who is not who God made us to be.  They turn our day sour, throw a bucket of ice water on that faith we thought we had.  The problem comes when we listen to the enemy.


The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

That abundant life comes through Jesus.


  
When I started to guard my thoughts, I was horrified by the lies I heard.  But I also felt transformed, because I replaced those lies with Truth.  I took every thought captive and weighed them before Him.

Every time a thought came in my head, I stopped and asked myself, "is this Christ's Truth?"

When the enemy said I wasn't good enough, I remembered - my goodness comes only from Him, for He is my inheritance (Psalm 16:6).  He loves with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).

When I had pride, I remembered that I'm only a servant, like Christ was (John 13:3-5).

When I was afraid, I remembered that when I am weak, He is strong.  His strength is made perfect in weakness.  (2 Corinthians 12:9).

When I didn't feel like it, I remembered to praise Him (Psalm 16:9).


  
If we listen to the enemy's lies, we will be torn down.  Bitter.  Offended.  But Christ offers love, hope, and Truth.

It's not because our lives are perfect that we can have this hope.  It's because we choose to abide in Him in the midst of our struggles, knowing that in Him we have everything we need for life and Godliness.

That week was beautiful for so many reasons as I discovered the beauty of being transformed by the renewing of my mind.  When we take every thought captive and believe His Truth, we find joy.

You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Joy is found in His presence.

So friend, whatever is keeping you from that presence - whether busyness, idols, or those lies the enemy throws at you - replace them with Truth.  His word is Truth (John 17:17).

And that's the key of it all.  Truth is in God, in His word.  Renewing our mind means loving His word so much that it becomes a part of who we are.

That's my challenge for you:  abide in Him.  For me, that meant taking every thought captive and replacing them with His word.

Although I've fallen away from that practice, I want to go back.  I want to remember His Truth and dwell in it instead of in those lies.  But I can't find Truth if I don't abide in reading His Word, memorizing it, and praying faithfully.  I can't find Truth if I don't have Him.

What's your first step?  Let's talk below.  Share how I can be praying for you and encouraging you on this journey for Truth!  ♥

If we seek Jesus, He will be found.

Dear friend - seek.


   
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
- Isaiah 55:8-9

~♥~ 

10 comments:

  1. Loved this post! We need to learn to toss out the lies and embrace His truth!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a blessing for me!! I sometimes struggle with believing the lies of Satan, but it's something I'm going to start praying about. God is the ultimate Truth and can give me the strength to conquer those lies. Thank you for this post, Hosanna!

    ~ Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this post was a blessing to you, Hope! If we are abiding in Christ and His Word, we will be living in His Truth. ♥ Press on, dear friend!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that you posted this. I think I will begin to guard my thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your message brightened my day! Keep living for Jesus, my friend. ♥

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this!
    Yes, so many lies can creep their way into our minds, yet often sounding so close to truth that we don’t realize what they are. Our minds can be dangerous at times, I like the verse that Paul shared in Philippians 4:8.
    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a relevant verse, Sarah, because Jesus is all those things! He is true, noble, just, and pure. He is the Keeper of all that is good, and our thoughts will be pure when we allow Him to be the King of our lives. And yet He forgives us when we forget. His grace is amazing. ♥ Thank you for sharing, dear friend!

      Delete
  5. Thank you SO much for sharing the truth. The Lord revealed to me lately a very big lie I had been believing and through HIM He has helped me to tear down that lie and replace it with Christ's truth. I liked what you said about how we can't find truth if we don't have Christ. Christ IS the truth itself, so I need to make sure I keep my eyes on Jesus so I can thwart (through Jesus) the fiery darts (lies) of the enemy.
    Thank you for sharing!
    -Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bekah! Reading your message was such a delight. ♥ 2 Thessalonians 3:3 says, "But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one."

      My friend, press on and embrace His Truth! You are so loved!

      Delete