May 8, 2018

Windswept Silence | a poem























Windswept Silence 
Twirling eddies, rustling colors spin together
tornado in cool breeze
pushing, throbbing, grabbing at my hair
i am spun in the dance.
invisible fingers close around mine
the wind’s song, and my feet
never touch the ground.
soft drops of rain, a crystal chandelier
breathless melody of thunder
lightning far off – distant star.
my wet feet and the hair around my shoulders
silent gasp with windblown leaves
like the rainbow before a storm.
all stills in the drop of an acorn
glistening drops cling to every bud
watching
for the voice of the storm
to call us into the dance again.
but until then
we wait.
frozen dance floor against my toes
the beckoning that the breeze
longs to hear.























Dear Friend,

Two days ago, I stood in the sharp gusts of air that billowed before the full storm arrived. Leaves twirled like a tornado, and my little siblings screamed and ran to gather armfuls - but they all slipped by in a moment. And then it stilled. Little bits of hail began to fall from the heavens like diamonds, and we watched, transfixed.

Even in the power and glory of a storm, the heavens still bid to God's still, small voice. And every trial you face can also grow silent when we fix our eyes upon Jesus. He's not only the author of our stories but also of today.

Never give up.  ♥

For behold,
He who forms mountains,
And creates the wind,
Who declares to man what his thought is,
And makes the morning darkness,
Who treads the high places of the earth—
The Lord God of hosts is His name.
- Amos 4:13
~♥~

8 comments:

  1. This is so, absolutely beautiful, Hosanna! You captured that feeling perfectly... everything you write is amazing, but how did I not realize you were that good with poetry also? God's truly given you a gift for writing, and I'm always encouraged at how you use it for His glory! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for the encouragement, Emily!! Yes, I suppose I've written in almost every genre that I can think of thus far, and poetry is such a beautiful way to express His glory. ♥ I'm thankful for the passions and gifts He blesses us with. Reading your poems inspire me - so thank you, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Great post, Hosanna! The poem is beautiful with such imagery. And such a beautiful message you display. Yes, God is with us in the trails.
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the poem, Sarah, and I pray God shines strong amidst any storms you may be facing in life. Everything under heaven belongs to Him. ♥ You are so loved!

      Delete
  3. Hosanna this is so so beautiful! I love it <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paige! I'm hope the poem was able to brighten your day and remind you that you are loved by an incredible, all-mighty God. Never alone, friend! ♥

      Delete
  4. Lovely poem, and scripture passage. This sentence particularly spoke to me: He's not only the author of our stories but also of today. Thanks for this, Hosanna. Keep shining! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so encouraging, Jessica! Thank you for those kind words. I'm thankful that Christ accept us despite our flaws and is writing the story of our lives, plans to give us a hope and a future. He's so good. ♥

      Delete