How would I describe my July? Rain. Rain. And more rain. It was allllll lovely. =) Who doesn't enjoy a beautiful rainstorm in the middle of the country? I was also able to experience a strike of lightning touch the earth only 100 feet away from us while we were in the car. Talk about loudness! We were all shaken, but it was a glorious reminder of the power of our God!
And black berries. Lots of blackberries. But you can read for yourself. =)
Adventures in Life:
Books I Read: 7
- I passed the CLEP test Introductory Psychology!!! (and I am DONE with psychology for the rest of my life!) =) Woohoooo!
- I finished my online college class Men of the Bible! *sob* But I will miss it so much! The teacher commented on every assignment...and THANKED me for taking the class. =) She is the sweetest! My favorite part was that we had no textbook - only the Bible! What a way to earn college credit! =) But the tears... =(
- My family celebrated the 4th of July by watching fireworks! =) My older brothers also competed in a kayak race and won...and my little sisters performed in a flash mob performance!
- My little brother Josiah stared his own vlog! Presenting............ Faith Warrior Films! Check it out and you'll be able to read encouraging, Christian posts and see videos with some of my siblings as actors. =) (and you'll make his day if you subscribe!!!) ;)
- We picked at least 30 gallons of blackberries from our bushes. (which is calculated to be around 150 lbs of berries!) =) We also picked tons of cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and other garden goodies. Yum.
- I had the privilege of being an pre-reader/editor to Alea Harper's masterpiece, The Clockshifter! I can't wait until this comes out. You all HAVE to read it!
- I also was able to be a pre-reader for Jordy Leigh's masterpiece Omnipotent! Another amazing piece to be on the look for!
Books I Read: 7
- Peace, Be Still by Amanda Tero
- Coffee Cake Days by Amanda Tero
- A.D. 33 by Ted Dekker
- The Assassination Plot by Ed Dunlop
- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays by Elizabeth George
- The Invisible Friend by Lois Walfrid Johnson
- The Princess Adelina by Julie Sutter
All of these books were really good! My top three favorites (I know, I know...but I couldn't decide!) are A.D. 33, The Heart of a Woman Who Prays, and The Invisible Friend! =)
My Least Favorite:
I liked them all. =) But if I had to pick a least favorite...I guess I would go with Coffee Cake Days. That is just because it wasn't "amazing" but "pretty good." =)
My New Creations:
I wrote 19,451 words this month! I am getting close to being done with my second rough draft of Emblem of Hope! I can't wait to perfect it and send it to readers. *happy sigh*
Check out these other amazing posts!! =)
From Faith Warrior Films by Josiah Chad
From the blog The Left Handed Typist by Abigayle Ellison
From Project Inspired (I am not subscribed to this website, but I enjoyed the post)
Did you miss one of these posts this month?
How did your July go? Did you read any amazing posts recently? Has it been a rainy month for you? Comment below!