Nov 26, 2019

Supine || a poem






Supine


it’s been so long.

forgotten hideaway I used to roam

but I’m here again –

remembering old memories

or rather, making new ones.

this memory is my favorite,

as I lay here, wince,

remove the branchy thorns,

and try again.

face to the sky

I hear birds and bugs, cows lowing

far away.

but my eyes

they’re blurry.

am I going to cry or have I just forgotten how

to see?

it’s been so long.

me writing, paper in the air

above me, blocking the sky.

I lower it, try to glimpse

twinkles of yellow leaves,

colors of fall with kisses of spring,

and under the gold, colors indescribable:

like green, but yellower

or brown, but richer.

the tree bark –

true black, grey, brown

and snippets of minty moss creeping up.

it’s been so long.

I wonder why.

because now I smell leaves

moist from yesterday’s rain.

I see little bugs dancing

and a piece of white fuzz

fly past without wings –

little miracles as I lay

and smile.

a tree with limbs broken like a ladder;

I could climb to Jesus

if only I could reach the first branch.

I wonder why I forgot

and how I can see again

so I remember

as God gives me this new memory.

I lay, and He

lifts me higher

than I could ever go.

somehow He loves me



~♥~

6 comments:

  1. Yay!I really loved reading your post! Hope you'll write more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Keep seeking Jesus, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Rebekah! And happy December! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Love the pictures! your blog is so cute!
    ~Bailey | bluesagemountains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bailey! You're a sweet encouragement. And I hope you have a day overflowing with Jesus' peace today - Happy New Year's Eve! ♥

      Delete