Nov 15, 2018

First Winter Snow || a poem




First Winter Snow

Before one month ago, the roses bloomed,
and I loved it:
the crimson-pink, softness as I smelled,
nose against petal, inhaling.
sweet,
before the first snow came.
frost killed those blooms—
withering, lingering,
trying to hold on as they died.
roses edged in ice.
that month ago, they laughed.
now I cry
for what’s lost.
even when ice thaws, it returns
and hurts again,
freezes my petals.
I try to dance, but it’s cold;
I see my breath but slip on frost
and cry again.
so many days ago, innocent life
yet the snow falls, and I try
to dance.
because one day spring will come
and I’ll understand why.


   
Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.
Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
- Hosea 6:1-3

~♥~ 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, what a beautiful poem! What a lovely reminder!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Brooklyne! You are so loved. ♥

      Delete